Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: RES: Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQCon

To: "C. 'Fred' Johnson" <fredwt2p@gmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: RES: Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQContest (petition for change).
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 17:00:48 -0700
Aside from whatever financial investment some folks might have in the
hobby of radiosport, there is no question that making a serious entry in
a major contest represents a significant investment of time and effort.
It's a grind, both physically and mentally, and it puts a significant
demand on the operator and possibly his family.  Why would I or anyone
else do that if it was known that a number of other serious entrants
have been cheating and that the contests sponsors weren't attempting to
do anything about it?   Would you simply turn a blind eye to that sort
of thing in any other sport?  I'm not a competent enough contester to be
directly affected, but I can easily see why many others would be.

If you don't think cheating is an issue in our ranks, you haven't been
paying attention.

Dave   AB7E