Re: [CQ-Contest] Grid Square is the coolest exchange ever, after Sweepst

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Grid Square is the coolest exchange ever, after Sweepstakes
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:35:56 -0500
Every time I move, which is often, I have to find out what my grid square is
so I can send it in some contest. Fortunately, that's only once a year, in
the Stew Perry Top Band Distance Challenge.

It's hard enough for me to remember what U.S. state I am in, much less what
grid square. I fear this grid square business is mind control, an attempt by
Big Brother Contest to keep us in our place. I refuse to submit. As soon as
I stop robotically sending NJ instead of WI, I'm outta here.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
7 miles east of Mountain, Wisconsin

------

"I realized one reason why I really enjoy the Stew Perry TBDC 160 contest
and
the VHF test is that the exchange is Grid Square. No useless RST, no
autofill
unless you use history files and a challenging mix of numbers and letters -
you
actually have to listen to what the other person sends.

73, John K3TN"