Re: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the palying field

To: "Rick Dougherty NQ4I" <nq4i@contesting.com>, "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the palying field
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:39:12 -0400
I am not going to compare equipment or operators, but I will note that K5ZD
is an oustanding operator who has done a yeoman's job in events like CQWW,
ARRL DX, and WRTC...

Same with W9RE.

Now, with respect to winning CQWW, it has been done by hams outside of New
England at least twice in the 2000 era.  K4ZW did it in 2004 and I did it in
2006.  Ken operated from Virginia and I operated from Maryland.  I also had
the top USA score in the 2010 ARRL DX CW....So, there is not a 100%
advantage to New England.

73 Rich NN3W