[CQ-Contest] Radar or Buzz saw?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Radar or Buzz saw?
From: Dennis Egan <egan.dennis88@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:08:04 +0100
Phillip

Is that the noise that appeared between 14000 and 14010 Sunday
morning?  If that's it, it
made that spectrum totally unusable.  I was one of the ops at LZ7HQ in
Plovdiv, Bulgaria, and was
running on  14001 when all of a sudden I couldn't hear anything but S8
noise.  The antenna at
the time was pointed on Japan, and the noise was S8 and covered
everything on the band.

It persisted long enough that I had to find a frequency above 14040
before I could establish
a run frequency again.

Dennis LZ/W1UE

Message: 4