Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ

To: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KR2Q - RX1CQ
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 04:38:52 +0600
Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:

> To use a phrase uttered earlier today in this discussion... that's what
> I'd
> classify as, or consider "Trust -- But Verify."  And I see no problem with
> that.

Neither do I.
Still I do not understand why can't this phrase be applicable to contesting.
After all we humans are all prone to making errors.

> Further, the security of Logbook of the World is a different issue.  That
> also has nothing to do with the paranoia of those shouting "Someone else
> MUST have cheated!" And personally, if it's that offensive to you, I for
> one
> have no problem providing similar documentation to the League for LotW
> access if accessed.

I for one have no problem allowing public access to my UBN in any contest.
It's only hobby.

> Let's not go off on tangents, though.  The issue is, IMHO, the new demand
> that now the UBN reports MUST be made public, on top of everything else.

What is so important about showing UBN? Since all the logs are open and
available for public anyone can write the software or get ready made one and
do cross checking. That will give you UBNs. In other words UBNs are
derivatives of publicly available logs.

> When will this end?  What will it take to satisfy these unreasonable
> demands
> for scrutiny?  Will we as contesters be required to put a webcam in our
> shacks and expose ourselves to the world for 24 or 48 hours, to the whim
> of
> any voyeur who seems to find some reason to watch me operate a radio in
> shorts and a T-shirt?

Some contesters are already doing it voluntary. Why do they do it? You
better ask them.

> Enough!
73, Igor UA9CDC