[CQ-Contest] Radio Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Radio Contesting
From: Mark Luhrman <w4svo@att.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:06:59 -0700 (PDT)
I have been reading all the posts about SO2R, Multiple CQING and cheating. I
can
remember in school when I was growing up watching other kids cheat on tests. It
really made me upset. I wanted to rat on them. I also know that certain
contestors cheat. It really gets me upset. I want to rat on them also. But I
ask
myself  why do they do this. To inflate their ego. To brag that they have a
better score. That they are better than the ones who play fair. Sometimes it is
hard to beat those guys because they are playing unfair. So what can I do about
these people, probably not much. And who am I to make judgement on these hams
who go to any length to win. The only thing I can really do is know that when
my
score goes in, that I played fair and abided by the rules. Sometimes I win and
sometimes I loose! And what I learned thru the years as I got older that the
kids that cheated on those tests eventually got caught. That what they do and
contestors do is on their conscious, and they have to live with this. It does
ruffle my feathers, but it will not affect my score. And it sure will not make
me want to cheat! Mark W4SVO