Re: [CQ-Contest] Stackmatch with push buttons

To: "Peter" <pc2a@pi4cc.nl>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stackmatch with push buttons
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 21:49:47 -0400
> I'am looking for idees to switch a stackmatch with push buttons
> Just that simple A or A+B or B with 1 push on the one of the 3 buttons

I'm not sure what the Stackmatch does, but my antenna stack box is upper,
lower, both in, and both out. That's four choices. I can't imagine why it
would not be adaptable to other systems.

It happens that the DX Engineering four square control head fits the
application fine for all four choices. It is push button, remembers the last
position, and has an amplifier interlock to inhibit switching while the amp
is running, or stops the amp from running if you switch and then transmit
before the relays settle.

I use switches like that for guest ops because if I don't, people surely
will hot switch and blow things up.

I think rotary switches and flip switches are not worthy of use in anything
that has to be frequently changed, so I've been avoiding them for years. I
think around 1975 was the last time I had a rotary direction switch for
receive antennas. :-)

73 Tom