[CQ-Contest] 2011 NYQP on Saturday, October 15th.

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2011 NYQP on Saturday, October 15th.
From: "Paul Mackanos - K2DB" <k2db@k2db.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:18:26 -0400
The Rochester DX Association wants to thank all for their support and
participation in the 2010 New York QSO Party. Now it's time to start
planning for the 2011 NYQP on Saturday, October 15th. Mark your calendars
for the NYQP !

We at NYQP do ?listen to you? and received useful feedback at Info@NYQP.org.
>From your comments we clarified the Mobile Category.

We decided to update our entry categories. They will be posted on the NYQP
2011 Rules:

CLASS ENTRY:                                                 Class (select
one) ? Single Operator ? One person completes all contacts and logging
functions ? Multi-Single ? Multiple operators with only a single transmitted
signal at a time ? Multi-Multi ? Multiple operators, multiple transmitters ?
School ? A recognized educational institution, operators consisting of
students, faculty, staff and alumni ? Mobile ? A mobile station is defined
as one that can be operated while in motion, independent of external sources
of power, and does not utilize any antennas not attached to the vehicle.
Single or multiple operator(s). With each County change the station may
again make three mode contacts per band. No County line operations.
? Rover ? A Rover station is a station that is capable of moving from one
place to another, but is typically using an antenna that is set up on site,
then torn down and moved to another site. Single or multiple operator(s).
With each County change the station may again make three mode contacts per
band. No County line operations.
? Rookie ? For recently licensed Amateurs, single operator, low power only.
For 2011 NYQP the licensing date beings on January 1, 2008.  (2012 NYQP,
January 1, 2009, etc.)

Rovers and Mobiles should check out the NYQP County Activity Map to see if
any of those sparsely populated counties can be activated!

Check out www.NYQP.org for all details! Also, we have the NYQP Forum,
register and let us know your plans at http://forum.nyqp.org .

Brent KC2QLJ, 2011 NYQP Coordinator
Paul K2DB, Advisor