Re: [CQ-Contest] Monitor Your Steam Out - save some for the Contest !

To: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Monitor Your Steam Out - save some for the Contest !
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 08:15:27 +0400
Hello Jukka!

Thanks for the clarification. I hope the ongoing discussions will end up in
something even better for CQWW 2012. We all live in a world with different
regulations and different approach how to interpret them, but the important
is that we contesters seem to overlook the differences in national
regulation and focus on how the contest organizer wish to put things. Even
if the US is allowed to use 1500 Watts and we "Russians" are only allowed to
use 1000 Watts... this does not in reality make all that much difference.
The important is that we understand that total 1500 Watts into the antenna
feeder (at the output of the amplifier) is total power. If we split 1500
Watts into three antennes for some reason - an average of 500 Watts goes
into each antenna.

Never mind, I agree with you fully about the steam... Although discussions
are important, we should make sure to have enough steam for the contest
operation as well. CQWW 2011 will hopefully be a great one with super conds
on high bands if I may wish.

Personally, I will leave for Magadan (UA0I) on Sunday this week and return
Friday afternoon before the contest, so given the "Russian Extreme" profile
of this trip... I am not sure whether I will have all that much energy for
the contest, but wish anyone else participating a great experience!

73 de RA/SM6LRR, Mats

('Yo Mats !' for the English reading audience)

Returned from traveling.

Reasonable, responsible or how one would put it.

It is to play by the country's own rules.
I do not know any country allowing more than 1500W.

About Russia, maybe the limit is below 1500W.
Maybe also in Sweden and many other countries.

What comes to CQ WW CC, there is an internal email thread on the subject.
Maybe it will output a change to 2012 rules.
Maybe not.

One of the enigmas is where to measure the output power?
As a wannabe humorous Finn, my expression is something like the output
is measured at the output.