Re: [CQ-Contest] inhale, spots, skimmer, etc: WHAT'S THE POINT?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] inhale, spots, skimmer, etc: WHAT'S THE POINT?
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 06:44:01 -0600
I'm agreeable to redefining the entire contest rules... from each contest...
every time... so that there is absolutely no possible way for anyone, anywhere,
to cheat.Yep... and you'll have to enter that particular contest to find out
what the rules actually are.Because they will have to be so flexible as to have
to be rewritten almost every time a contact is made, just to insure that no one
cheats. I guess, I'd really enjoy a discussion, one on one, with the fellow
that cheats solely for the purpose of bragginghis "improvement" over his last
score. It seems to me the more the rules are rewritten, and changed, and fussed
with, concentrated effort by many applied tokeep cheating out, the more
pressing issue is being lost.  oh.. the small issue that all the rewritten and
most fair, never to be cheated on rules, aren't worth crap, if you don't have
any one playing the game. And a new comer watching all this go in, is going to
chooseto play or not, by the environment projected. An
 d right now... I'm not sure that dedicated contesters that haveplayed for many
years, ones that have been a very necessary part of the "boxed scores" by being
one of the Qs....are being encouraged to play in an arena full of cheaters.
What's the projected environment? Is the discussion needed?Are we really
"playing" in a field of cheaters? Or are we to the point in our worldly society
morally, that we can readliy assume that everyone cheats, therefore it is
correct, and I need to also? This is what we want our children to do?This is
the attitude we teach our proteges? This is what we encourage new contestors to
look forward to? Really? Please reread paragraph 2.!   --...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy