[CQ-Contest] SS: not sending your own callsign - and the answer is.....

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS: not sending your own callsign - and the answer is.....
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 19:53:23 +0000 (GMT)
I'm a new user of N1MM (I was using DOS-based CT for all these decades).  SS
was my
2nd contest using N1MM.

While setting up SS, carefully following the instructions, I noted that when I
set up the SS
exchange, that my callsign was not going to be sent (before the contest
started).

I contacted one of the N1MM mavens, who immediately asked, "Where are you
getting that
setup from?"  When I told him, he immediately modified the on-line
documentation.

So anyone who "knew," would know that you needed to send your call in the
middle of the
exchange.  But I am guessing that some folks simply "copied" the faulty
instructions.

This was probably a simple mistake.

de Doug KR2Q
the "newbie" copy editor