Re: [CQ-Contest] The Calling Disease...

To: "'Peter Chamalian'" <w1rm@arrl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Calling Disease...
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:16:01 -0600
I was trying to think of a name to call the constant, unending calling, but
you came up with a good one ... calling disease.  For me this disease was
much worse than the unIDs.

I sometimes wonder if these stations ever listen.  Quite a number of times
the dx station would come back to me, I would only catch parts of my
callsign.  I had to assume he had my full callsign correct because the
constant calling US stations were louder than the dx.  So for my report I
sent my callsign again and then the standard report, hoping the dx had my
correct callsign.  I heard some other stations using the same practice.

Is there a cure for this disease?

Doug