Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 107, Issue 71

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 107, Issue 71
From: Pedro Colla <lu7hz@qsl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:04:28 -0500
Hello,

I've participated in both CQ WW SSB and CW in the SO SB/10 assisted category.
In both I've used several tools that clearly put me in that category, no
questions.

However I'd been testing with good results  a JavaScript tool built on top of
the LU9DA's graphic representation of his cluster's traffic. Essentially Rick
takes the traffic on his
cluster node and create every 10 minutes or so a graphical representation of
all the paths reported in the cluster.

The tool can be accessed at http://www.qsl.net/lu7did/MonitorProp.htm out of my
Web page.

The tool doesn't reveal much in terms of actual stations of frequencies, nor
who is the caller and who's the reporters location; with enough activity it's a
broad sensing on the activity on the band.

My question would be a conceptual one; if I'm using this tool and only this
one, would it move me from Non-Assisted to Assisted?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention, 73 de Pedro LU7HZ

Dr. Pedro E. Colla
Va.Belgrano-Ciudad de Cordoba
Cordoba- Argentina
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" Dr. Carl Sagan