Re: [CQ-Contest] RE : UP Official Notification

To: cq-contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE : UP Official Notification
From: Mike N1TA <n1tangoalpha@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:27:30 -0500
Anyone who is totally against listening UP has never been on the right side
of the pileup.

Now, I think it should be used only sparingly, and when the situation calls
for it. I also think you should KNOW the frequency one up is clear first (I
suspect here lies the concern). Then, when things get more manageable,
bring it back in. I did not know this had become an offense! I recall this
being a pretty normal practice in a time when the cluster dominates.

And, IMHO, if you tune right past these huge pileups, chances are you are
tuning right past the multipliers you should be working.

--
Mike DeChristopher, N1TA