Re: [CQ-Contest] Big jump in qrz.com lookups after 10m contest

To: Mike N1TA <mike@n1ta.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big jump in qrz.com lookups after 10m contest
From: Luc Moreira <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:06:48 -0300
In my opinion, the coming day when (or If) QSO Contest were logged
online (on the fly over Internet) someone will find a way to check
against a db before the info gets it way to contest sponsor server.
It's a matter of motivation to differ cheating versus just having fun.

So, It's not too late to separate casual Ops from the serious
competitors. Let's just make contest funnier for 98% of the crowd and
fairer to 2% competitors. How it is now, one rule to everyone, neither
sides are satisfied.

73, Luc
__
PW7T Team member
WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
PY8AZT (also PT7AG, PX8C, ZZ8Z, ZY7C)
LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member