Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 109, Issue 26

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 109, Issue 26
From: "K0DQ" <k0dq@analog.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:43:19 -0500
A sad day indeed.  The drive from the airport to the beach hotels was always
marked by the appearance of Joop's tower a few hundred feet from the main
highway.  Like a welcoming beacon, it was one of the marks of transition
from stressful stateside life to balmy relaxation on "One Happy Island."
His open air home was, as Andy and others have noted, always open for
visitors and Yvonne made sure you had a cool beverage while Joop entertained
with tales of times gone by, often in the former Dutch colonies.

We will miss his trademark CW note (slightly hard) on the air and his
animated presence in person.

Scott, K0DQ / P40Q

Message: 6