Re: [CQ-Contest] Isn't the contest over?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Isn't the contest over?
From: Geoffrey Way <wayg@cape-vision.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:06:28 -0500
Put another way, the person who made the error is actually
admitting
they made a mistake. It would be counterproductive to
admonish that
in and of itself. The mistake may have been purely
inadvertent, such as
mis-programming a memory keyer or function key on the
logging program.

The unfortunate person making the mistake should just inform
the event
sponsor of what they did, and leave it to the adjudicators
to decide the
rest.

I had a problem with my logging software once and explained
to the sponsor
they would be seeing duplicate serial numbers in the range
where the
problem happened, and they said it wouldn't be a problem
since the log
shows exactly what I sent to whom.

I am doubtful the person in question here will be cited by a
governing authority
for violating power limits for his license based purely on a
claimed output
power given in a contest exchange. It might be as simple as
the worry
about this issue that drives them to attempt to correct the
error by emailing
those he/she had worked.

-- KA1IOR