Re: [CQ-Contest] We need to recruit this guy into Contesting!

To: vhfplus@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] We need to recruit this guy into Contesting!
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:16:07 -0400 (EDT)
This guy thinks that the Northern Lights in North Dakota are going to
improve his long-distance communications!  Just wait till he finds out what
the
Northern Lights really do.

Novertheless, his purchase of a home in Edgeley, ND for $10k on eBay is
pretty cool.

Yes, we do need to prod him into contesting!

73, George, K5KG
ex. KL7IDH who knows what Northern Lights are like.

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960 cell

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_20151277/booming-north-dakotas-ham-radio-space-also-draw

>  *73, de Hans, K0HB*
> *"Just a boy and his radio"*
> --
>  Sea stories at -------->  http://k0hb.wordpress.com
>  Superstition trails --->  http://oldslowhans.wordpress.com

Stiles is  right...it *is* a nice place to raise a family and even better
for  contesting. Yeah,the winters can be brutal but I regret having moved
from  there in the mid-1980's, after 8 years in Bismarck. It was fun
running  into the Governor of the state window shopping downtown...there
aren't  many places where that happens!

Our son (K7DAE) is now a permanent  resident of Canada, in Winnipeg, so
we may have to move back to be closer  to his home. :>)

--
Jack, W6NF
ex W0RIB and KC0W (the first  one), Bismarck