I'm planning my upcoming contesting column in CQ Amateur Radio Magazine on
station accessories, filtering, switching and computers. If you are a
contester and are interested in providing your opinion for an upcoming column,
I would appreciate it if you could answer the questions below and send your
answers DIRECTLY to me at email@example.com_
(mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) and NOT through the reflector! Please take
a look at the
questions below and provide answers, elaborating anywhere you feel it is
Thank you in advance!
George Tranos N2GA
Contesting Editor, CQ Amateur Radio Magazine
1. Your full name and callsign
2. Your City, State/Province/Region, Country
3. Years you have been a ham
4. Do you consider yourself a contester?
5. Do you utilize any special filters in your contest station? If so,
what filters do you use, why do you use them and how do they help you?
6. What type of switching devices do you use? What are you switching
(rigs, antennas, amplifiers, other)? If so, how does your switching scheme help
7. Are there any other "accessories" that you deem essential to your
contesting endeavors? If so, what are they, how do you use them and why do you
feel they are necessary?
8. What contest logging software do you use? Why did you choose this
software, how do you use it and what is it about it makes it important to your
9. Besides contest logging software, is there any other type of software
that you feel is indispensable? What is it, how do you use it and why is it
so important to you?
10. Is there anything unusual about your computer hardware and software
that you feel provides you with an edge when you contest? Please explain
your setup and what's unique about it.
11. Can you provide a high resolution photo of you and one of these
filters, switches, accessories, hardware or other devices? Please attach the
photo to this email.
CQ-Contest mailing list