[CQ-Contest] Keyboard Solutions

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Keyboard Solutions
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:24:36 -0400
Wow- quite a group.  Too many responses to name, all in just a few hours.

A few options for my problem, which was keytops too close together on my
new Dell.

1.  Buy the previous generation Dell USB keyboard - many available on E-bay
2.  Buy an active PS-2 to USB adapter - my mistake apparently was in
trying to get by with a straight mechanical adapter.
3.  Buy a classic mechanical keyboard - available but expensive.

Two helpful hints that I hadn't really thought about (yet).

1.  Get a keyboard with full-sized function keys.  The older Dell has
them - this new one does not.
2.  Get one that has 3X2 arrangement of the cluster of keys that handles
Home/End/Insert etc., rather than the 2X3 pattern of the new Dell.

I'm going to tell Dell just how much I dislike this thing - that is if I
can type without hitting Caps Lock and having to start over at the last "A".

Thanks, everyone!

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000