Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting Questions

To: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contesting Questions
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:39:25 -0400
> I am not trying to justify anything.  I am trying to get a better feel
> for why people are adverse to this from a contesting and activity
> standpoint.
>
> Why does the location of the operator bother you?

For contests I care less. It obviously is a combination of operator and
station, and the fact there is Internet between the two doesn't matter.

For DXCC and other things, I think the rules are messed up. I think the
station should belong to or be associated with the person collecting the
award, and everything should be within a certain reasonable distance, or
contacts should not count. I liked DXCC and other things back before
distance rules went away.