Re: [CQ-Contest] New CQ WW DX Rule Bans Post-Contest Log Changes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New CQ WW DX Rule Bans Post-Contest Log Changes
From: Jeffrey Embry <jeffrey.embry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 12:43:15 -0400
Folks,

I have been following this thread with amusement for some time now.  I
have come to realize that these debates, to the best of my
recollection, have been around since I first subscribe in the early
1990's.  The rules have changed to accomodate technology, in some
cases maybe for the better and others maybe not.  However the rules
are what they are and are meant to followed by all that want to
participate.

Given that, I find that most hams are an honorable breed and hold
themselves in high stead and will follow the rules.  After all, to
most of us, there are many more important events that happen around
the world that a contest or two.  Then there are those that
inadvertantly mis-read the rules or submit logs in appropriately by
accident.  I have done this myself, and got hold of the sponsor,
fessed up and all was okay to submit again.   Finally, there are those
who willfully do not or can not follow the rules, and those that don't
I feel should be DQ'd after appropriate adjudication.  And to those
that don't follow the rules will have to live with in their own
concious.

I shall keep participating and submitting my mediocre scores (after
all it took me 12 years to get my PVRC 5M award...but at least I know
it was earned honestly)...and I will keep on having fun in contests.

73es,

--
Jeff Embry, K3OQ
FM19nb

--
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss
of enthusiasm.  - Sir Winston Churchill

--
Jeff Embry, K3OQ
FM19nb