Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News -hopefully ofgeneralinteres

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News -hopefully ofgeneralinterest
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:05:28 -0500
Yes just so your transmitted signal is not ero beat with everyone that
simply clicked on the spot.  I usually use 100 to 150 offset, and even
tho antenna is a low 160 meter loop 30 feet up, and barefoot rig, I 99%
of the time work em first call, because the signal stands out from the
constant tone of all the zero beaters........

Now thinking of that hmmmmmmmmm,,  I have never been on that end but
have herd the piles, interesting thing to try,, any of you out there
that have this happen to you,,  How about set your notch filter, to
notch the multitude calling on the spotted freq?

This would I think maybe serve many purposes?
!- it makes the people NOT using the simple click and send not be heard,
and the actual tune the big knob stations be heard better.
2- the constant zero beat meaningless carrier is gone.
3- may cause the people to actually spread it out some

thoughts?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock