Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News - hopefully of general inte

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reverse Beacon Network News - hopefully of general interest
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:35:57 +0200
NG3K wrote: Operators who omit the "tweak" step cause the problem for the
CQer and an automatic random offset would be step toward eliminating such
skimmer pileups.

I do a lot of "tweaking" toward zero beat and break CW pile-ups easy with
low power and higher speed.  I rarely call CQ and my runs are not deep so I
select frequency rounded to kHz or 100 Hz on crowded bands.  If I were juicy
HP DX runer, I'd go for 50 Hz odd spots and Skimmers inaccuracy would spread
it in two 100 Hz ranges halving the callers.  I asume contesters are using
200 Hz or wider CW filters. It is called "dithering" in DSP.

LP MMM S56A