[CQ-Contest] Split operation in contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in contests
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:58:09 -0400
If I can maximize my rate and also give many more people a QSO from a rare
multiplier (been there and done that many times) who is to say that listening
off my transmit frequency isn’t good operating practice.  When one is operating
from one of those ultra rare locations it is virtually impossible to work
stations on your own frequency as the pile up builds.  I think that many who
have been commenting on the subject have never been on the other side
of a pile up as such.  Most of the time when the pile up grows I start moving
the RIT and pick up stations who are a bit off zero beat and keep moving
it – normally up – until I am listening a 1 or maybe 2 KHZ off my transmit
frequency.  Sorry but that’s just the way it works.  The Big Brothers seem
to want to control everything we do in life nowadays,  however,  since I’m an
individualist,   “I’ll do it my way”.

Tony W4OI/HK1AR
Licenses Previously Held:
N7BG, K5LMJ, W7HZF, WA6BOU, W6JPC, K4KES
F7BK, VQ9AR, VP5AR, 9G5AR, TY5AR, CN2BG
HK0/HK1AR, 5V7BG, TU/N7BG, OJ0/N7BG
5B4/N7BG, ZC4/N7BG, ZF2AR, HB9/N7BG
and others
Founding Member of VooDude Contest Group
Member of Florida Contest Group
Member Central Arizona DX Association
Referee WRTC 2000, 2002, 2006
I've been to 103 DXCC Countries