Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW

To: Tõnno Vähk <tonno.vahk@gafm.ee>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW
From: Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:39:43 -0500
Tõnno Vähk wrote:
> Working a Pacific or African station from EU on 80 or 160 meters during CQWW
> is often impossible without split because there are always stations
> calling on top of DX and no chance to make any Qs or one will take 10 minutes.

This and other similar comments suggest we're debating the wrong issue.

Is split operation the problem?  Or is the problem the continuous callers --
those who continue to call the DX even when he's come back to someone
else -- thus leading some operators to believe split operation is necessary?

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66