[CQ-Contest] K2MM Silent Key

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K2MM Silent Key
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 07:36:57 -0700
All -

I am very sad to pass on the news that "JZap" (aka John Zapisek), K2MM (ex
WB2DRW), has
recently passed away.

John was very active back in the 70's in both traffic handling and Murphy's
Marauders.  He was
a driving force in the initial Mount Greylock VHF efforts under the call
WA1MUG (evolving into
the current W2SZ operations).

John was a technical genius and contributed to contesting with his work on
developing the
first log submission robots and doing the very complicated log checking for
the Internet Sprint
contests.  I am sure many of you remember his humorous summary of how names
were
morphed during that contest.

RIP John - you made contesting a better place.  You will be missed.

Tree N6TR

PS: Along with John - the jzap.com server is no longer operational.  Once I
have a chance to move
the files to a new place - I will make an announcement on their new
location.  If there is someone
who is really keen on being the web guru for the Stew Perry web pages - let
me know.