[CQ-Contest] Announcing The Pacificon Sprint

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcing The Pacificon Sprint
From: "Kutzko, Sean, KX9X" <kx9x@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:06:53 -0400
Hi folks-

Since a lot of us will be at Pacificon this weekend, it seemed the a perfect
opportunity for a little fun on-air social event while we're all gathered in
one spot.

I talked to John K6MM and he agreed this sounded like fun.

The 2012 Pacificon Sprint

Time: 10pm - 11pm Friday, California time (after dinner and before the
hospitality suites really get going).

Operate from your hotel room, car/RV, campground, wherever.

10 Meters only

QRP power only (it's all local, so 5w should be plenty)

Mixed mode only

Exchange is just your first name. No multipliers.

Work each station once per mode. CW QSOs have to be made in the CW sub-band.

Suggested frequencies: CW 28.030-28.060  SSB 28.300-28.400

1 point per QSO.

Send me your score summary (no logs, just number of QSOs per mode and total
score) by 8AM Saturday. kx9x@arrl.org

Results will be announced at the Northern California Contest Club's workshop at
Pacificon on Sunday morning. Results will also be posted at arrl.org

Yes, I know it's short notice. If it works, maybe we'll keep doing it. If it
doesn't, well, hey, we tried something different.

CU at Pacificon.

73,

Sean Kutzko KX9X
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington, CT  06111 USA
(860) 594-0232
email: kx9x@arrl.org