Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI problem-Thank You

To: "J.D. \"Dan\" Weisenburger" <kw4t@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI problem-Thank You
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:43:41 -0500
This appears to be a problem only with a LPT keyer system on one band with one antenna.

It probably relates to a combination of RF levels on one band and antenna, and especially the poor design of simple LPT port keying systems where keying transistors are not bypassed for RF or the port has a ground loop (as you mentioned).

A little properly-placed low value resistor and bypass cap can do wonders.

----- Original Message ----- From: "J.D. "Dan" Weisenburger" <kw4t@comcast.net>