[CQ-Contest] It's time to make signing one's call a rule

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] It's time to make signing one's call a rule
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:07:42 -0700
Yes, it really was ridiculous with some stations this weekend. They'd sign once every 5 minutes or so and when they did, several someones would drop their call in on top of the ID, not expecting a delay.

For those of you who don't sign very often, what makes you think your time in the contest is more important than mine? It's just selfish. If you use it (declared or otherwise), you can't depend on Skimmer to supply the call. There are just too many busted calls. Off the top of my head, I recall seeing KH7TT, EK8AZ, and EW3LPL many times, for example.

ON an unrelated note, I don't care about cut numbers. This is a callsign copying contest (hence the need for ID). It has no exchange to copy, so it doesn't matter.

Barry W2UP (15m op at K0RF)