Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP scoring

To: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP scoring
From: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:24:22 +0000
Penalties are punishment, not encouragement.

You punish people for rules violations and cheating, not for lack of
experience or less-than-expert skill level.

I thought that all of Amateur Radio was friendly.  It used to be the lead
paragraph in the Amateur Code.

Reserve penalties for violations, not proficiency lapses.

73, de Hans, K0HB/K7

On Thursday, January 10, 2013, K4RO Kirk Pickering wrote:

> That is correct Bob. There are no penalties for busted QSOs in the NAQP.
> They are removed from your log without penalty. The only penalty is that
> you lose the QSO. The contest managers and log checkers discussed this
> recently, and we decided to leave it this way for one more year. The NAQP
> began as more of a "friendly" event (hence the word "Party" in the name)
> but it has evolved over the years into a fairly competitive contest. Some
> of us feel that some type of penalty scheme needs to be implemented, if for
> no other reason than to encourage accuracy proficiency. We will re-visit
> this rule again next year.
>
> 73, Kirk K4RO
>

> On 1/9/2013 10:48 AM, rob wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> In many contest, there are penalties for NIL, even tho I have been in
>> NAQP a number of years I decided to look closely at rules.  I could not
>> find any mention of penalties for NIL. Are there really no penalties in
>> NAQP ?
>>

>  73 BoB WA1FCN

*73, de Hans, K0HB*
*"Just a boy and his radio"*