Re: [CQ-Contest] What's all the talk about "Frequency owner?"

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What's all the talk about "Frequency owner?"
From: James Jordan <k4qpl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 23:38:04 -0500
Well said Hank. There's a difference between grabbing an "unused" frequency and
just flat running someone off because you can. 99% of contest ops honor that as
I can attest from 3 years SSCW QRP with good runs. Had to play David vs Goliath
only a few times and more often than not my just keeping on working people
through the QRM made them realize fighting me was hurting their rate and they
eventually slunk away. When you're QRP you learn patience!

73,
Jim K4QPL

Sent from my iPhone