Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX RTTY Rules

To: "'Jim Smith'" <jimsmith@shaw.ca>, <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX RTTY Rules
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:17:38 -0600
While I appreciate Ed's making the distinction that specific CQWW DX rules
don't directly apply to the RTTY contest, I think that one can presume that
the principles set out in those rules can apply indirectly as they can help
define the proper approach to contest operating in general.

The specific rule you cite (XII.2) concerns making changes to your log - not
in realtime in the contest.  In other words, if I called you during the
contest and you came back to W4OV and gave me a report and after the contest
I send you an email telling you (or you find out via any other means)  that
"hey Jim, I guess you couldn't hear me so good as you logged W4OV instead of
W5OV"; it's not OK for you to go back into your log after the fact and
correct W4OV to W5OV.

During the contest you thought you worked and you logged W4OV and you even
sent W4OV over the air - so this is not a case of just making a typo - this
is a real busted call.  The intent of this rule is that you must leave them
in your log so it represents what you did during the contest.

This is a good practice to follow in any contest.

73,

Bob W5OV