Re: [CQ-Contest] SS phone requires little skill?

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS phone requires little skill?
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:23:23 -0800
To me, running high rates on SSB takes a lot more skill than on CW.

All CW stations sound the same (basically).  No accents, no overdriven
audio, no weird phonetics, etc.

How some of these guys can run in a DX contest with all the watery, weak,
different dialect signals just boggles my mind.  It usally takes me 3 or 4
tries to just figure what the heck the
dx stations callsign is a lot of the time with my hearing aids and bum
hearing.  73

Tom W7WHY

Kind of a superior attitude isn't it.

You think that's all there is to getting a high score in SS  phone?   Yep,
everybody in the top ten phone operates just that  way.  I'm sure N9RV,
VY2ZM, KH7X, W7WA, K7IR,  I,  and  many of the others who score high SS
phone do
it just like that.  No  one ever uses SO2R, has QRM, broadcast noise on 40
etc.

Go try it, doing just that and see what your score is.

K4XS/KH7XS