Re: [CQ-Contest] Do the rule non-compliant cut contesting sporting value

To: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do the rule non-compliant cut contesting sporting value ?
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:13:10 +0200
Thanks Chris.

I see your point.

For many of us this is sport as the self-regulation works.
Most of us realize there are participants who do not care so much for the rules.

How about .. if you compare to sports events and the athletes of their
own competitions in their own categories, getting live TV time
worldwide.

There are doping news available for us to sigh about weekly if not daily.
There are news of engineers quitting their jobs because the jury
judged the technology some competitor used was accepted despite the
engineer showed the clear technical rule non-compliancy.

Also many ham contests uncover and penalize entrants and teams for
similar kinds of phenomena.

I consider contesting a sport.

Regarding comparing to motor sports or boxing, I am sure you are
somehow omitting QRP, LP, HP, TB-Wires and rookie categories just so
you could create some thoughts and writings.
Many contests are really enforced.

There is a level doping can be enforced in boxing or motor sports.
Same applies to contesting.

Everybody learn the basics of cheating from their peers in their childhood.
Willingness to play fair varies between persons.
Regardless the sport or competition.

About cycling.
The value of cycling as a sport and even as a hobby has degraded
rapidly during the past few months.

The rule non-compliant really cut the value of the sport they are in.
Especially if the ruling & judging teams fail uncovering the wrong-doers.

73,
Jukka OH6LI