Re: [CQ-Contest] Stacking on separate towers, take off angles?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stacking on separate towers, take off angles?
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:38:10 -0300
WOW! I am overwhelmed !  I received some great replies, at least half were
direct and about half through this reflector.

Some replies were long and very well thought out.  Some were partial theory,
but many were from guys who had done, or who ARE doing

this very thing or something similar.  Some were from folks who stacked at
the same distance above ground, and some were of arrays which beaming in the
direction of their main  interest the yagis were broadside.( I wish I had
thought of that)   I even received some copies of articles and a couple
great pix.

There were just too many replies to thank you all individually but please
accept THIS reply as a thank-you to everyone who either emailed directly or
posted to this thread. (keep on posting!)

I type with essentially 2 or 3 fingers per hand-slowly- so it would just
take too long to thank you all individually.

I've stacked identical antennas on 6m & 2m before, but it's always been on
the same rotating mast.

I have never actually phased "properly" 2 rotatable antennas for the same
band on 2 different towers, but I have from time to time "connected" two
completely different antennas and run them together or switched.

For example.I am currently running a very low rotatable 10m monoband yagi &
a 10m wire ground plane, perhaps 50' apart and can use one, the other, or
both.  Gosh knows what the phasing is.(hi).I don't care.  When contesting on
10m, I leave the yagi on EU (for example) and if a weak Carib & African stn
calls in, I usually switch it so BOTH are selected and the S meter normally
pops up a few S units.

OK, all for now. I'll give this thread a few more days to die down, read all
the replies fully and post some kind of summary later.

Again, tnx from NB

de VE9AA Mike

dit dit