Re: [CQ-Contest] New rally frequencies for NA Sprint SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New rally frequencies for NA Sprint SSB
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 00:43:00 -0400
Ibelieve one needs to give a bit more time before "arbitrarily" changing recommended operating frequencies. Tonight I found folks mostly between 7200 and 7260 KHz, a few lower in frequency on 40. On 80 the band was "sporadically" crowded between about 3800 and 3860, with a few folks operating below 3800

I personally agree that moving to thefrequencies mentioned below are "reasonable." But I resemble the "derogatory put down" of our fellow hams who make their living raising swine and other food. Whilst no one "owns" afrequency, people who choose to operate on anyfrequency or range of frequencies have just as much right to operate on those frequencies as do contest operators. If others are in contact with their friends, or even with a casual "new" contact, thisis perfectly legal.

Lettuce not caste aspersions at our fellow hams, their vocations, nor they choice of operating times and frequencies. None of us "own" any frequency. Plus, if farmers didn't choose toraise food for us, we'd all be spending much times in gardens and/or foraging for food.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time

p.s. I grew up infarming country, did my share of tending crops and feeding chickens, goats, swine, and cattle in my elementary and high school days.I fondly remember the "shack" @ WØIAY, a ham friend a few miles from where we lived in SE Nebraska. His station was on the back porch of his farm house, which he had enclosed. It contained a home brew KW AM transmitter, "breadboard style construction" inside a 8' x 10' room which was entirely enclosed with copper screening. The reddish glow ofthe plates of the pair 304-TL's, modulated by a pair of 304-TH's, and the blue glowfrom the 872 Mercury Vapor rectifiers are still fondly remembered inthe grey matterbetween my ears. Theglow would vary in brightness and intensity with modulation peaks..... Ah! fond memories.