Re: [CQ-Contest] KILLING THE GOLDEN GOOSE

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KILLING THE GOLDEN GOOSE
From: dave@g4buo.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:50:29 -0000
Given that use of DX cluster is almost universal amongst DXers, it might
be seen as surprising that only 33 percent of single ops in CQWW use it.
Like George, I do not think there are huge numbers of packet cheats out
there but we might add one or two percent to that figure.

This means that, in contrast to DXers, around 65 percent of single op
contesters actively choose not to use third-party information from DX
cluster. I acknowledge that in a handful of cases, they operate from
somewhere so remote that cluster information is not available.

I cannot understand how the CQWW Committee could possibly be considering
abolishing the single op category that is preferred by around 65 percent
of entrants. There is absolutely no mandate for any such change.

73, Dave G4BUO