Re: [CQ-Contest] Late Checklogs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Late Checklogs
From: Marc - ON7SS - OO9O <on7ss.oo9o@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:32:39 +0100
Tim,

You are right.
Most of the work is done after the deadline.
It is then that the work starts for us.

And for the UBA Contest, we welcome any checklog, even those with only a few QSO's.

73  Marc, ON7SS - OO9O

--

*uba logoAmateur Radio Station*

*ON7SS - OO9O*

*Marc Domen*

*UBA HF Contest Manager*

http://www.uba.be <http://www.uba.be/>

http://www.on7ss.be <http://www.on7ss.be/>

Op 19/03/2013 14:39, Tim Shoppa schreef:
Beats me why you think that contest sponsors should accept your late
checklog.  If they were to actually try to use it for anything it would
slow things down for everyone else.
I dabble in many contests. Sometimes the dabbling turns into several hundred
Q's. Several times I've not sent in a log, and after the deadline I got
an E-mail from the organizers asking "we noticed your call in many logs but
did not get a log from you. Can you please send your log as a checklog
to help with the
thoroughness of the log checking process?"

Presumably they found my E-mail address through google searches or from 3830
submissions.

I was very impressed with the organizers dedication to a thorough,
accurate, and honest
log check process. Clearly a lot of hard work is happening after the deadline.

Tim N3QE