Re: [CQ-Contest] The Paper log one radio, the SO2R and the SDR generatio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Paper log one radio, the SO2R and the SDR generatio
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:57:09 -0400
On 3/23/2013 10:10 AM, James Cain wrote:
Contest after contest, my CW log fills with short call signs owned by people from the
"one radio and paper log" generation. People like me.

We are the generation who "populate" the logs of the SDR/RBN/Packet/SO2R Type A operators
who are obsessed by "winning." I am always glad to work them, but they are few. Where are
the hundreds of new hams/contesters in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s?

If you look at the logs from the November Sweepstakes and look at the checks - at least in the SSB leg - you will see a lot of contest stations with a check of '00 or '08 or '10. Can't tell age, but there is a fair amount of new entry.

73 Rich NN3W