Re: [CQ-Contest] Voicing of serial numbers vs. computer recorded

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Voicing of serial numbers vs. computer recorded
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:48:34 -0500
Might be  good new webinar?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 4/1/2013 10:04 AM, Richard F DiDonna NN3W wrote:
On 4/1/2013 8:38 AM, Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA wrote:
Yesterday, on a lark, while I was S&P-ing, I envoked the automatic voicing
of serial #'s in N1MM. I had prerecorded some phrases and numbers.

The EU's seemed totally oblivious, (and fully acceptable?) while I got some comments and sensed a general...what's the word....'disgust' would be too strong.(dislike, distaste?)...with some of the US ops. They "mimicked" the robotic like serial number I was sending them, or laughed, or whatever.

I thought I would try it out, as it might be an option for me for late night SSB contesting. Currently I don't do SSB contests past bedtime here as the family does not care for my ---what they call-- "screaming shout band"...

Opinions?

Jamie NS3T did a presentation to PVRC regarding some -very- natural sounding recordings of himself that he uses in contesting - he uses them as he is a broadcast reporter and destroying your voice during contests is not the best career move.

Email him regarding how he has his set up.

73 Rich NN3W