Re: [CQ-Contest] My RED CARD - IT9GSF

To: "Toivo Hallikivi" <toivo.hallikivi@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] My RED CARD - IT9GSF
From: w5ov@w5ov.com
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:54:11 -0500
I am not speaking on behalf of the CQWW Committee here - and for further
reference, unless it is specifically stated, no members of the CQWW
Committee may speak *officially* for the Committee except for the
director: K5ZD.

With that out of the way;

Is it fair for those who are part of a team all get the same penalty if
the team is disqualified?

Yes!

While the analogy of Yellow Cards and Red Cards from "football" (soccer in
USA) is good for some level of understanding - specifically in conveying
the severity of an infraction, the application of a Red Card for a team
entry in contesting is to the entire team (just as it clearly states in
the rules) - it is not just for an individual player(team member). Another
obvious difference is that the penalties are not handed out real-time,
i.e.; not during the game(or, in this case - not during the contest). So,
while the "Card" analogy is being used, it does not imply that they are
equivalent to those issued during a World Cup or other "football" game.

Yes, this is very painful for every member of a multi-operator team that
cheats. This is intended and it serves to be a strong deterrent. If your
other team members are not absolutely trustworthy, you risk getting a Red
Card because of your fellow team members' actions.

Choose your team members wisely. Choose the team you join wisely.

Don't cheat.

73,

Bob W5OV