Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 124, Issue 26

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 124, Issue 26
From: "Mirek Rozbicki" <mirelec@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:56:11 +0800
Hello Barry,

I am using Remote rig for sometime now.
I have no issue with it at all, both CW and SSB.
Most of the time it is undetectable that I am using remote radio.

I think what you are experiencing is an issue either with your modem or local service provider.

When I use Remoterig locally,  from within VK6, I have no issues at all.
It works "like a charm".

When I tried to use it from overseas, there are issues, but related to the internet providers in the hotels. They block most of the ports and there is not much you can do, unless Remoterig will work out some kind of VPN access like Hamachi does.

I have done number of contests, both CW and SSB, getting reasonable scores, limited only by my antennas, not by Remoterig equipment.
So I think you need to investigate where the issue is.
I do not believe it is hardware from Remoterig.

I have used it for a while now and I am still amused how well it performed.
It is 5 stars from me.

73
Mirek
VK6DXI