[CQ-Contest] FW: Need help with recording of images

To: <jeff@greenheronengineering.com>, <k3lr@arrl.net>, <w3lpl@arrl.net>, <nq4i@arrl.net>, <k1ttt@arrl.net>, <nr4m@arrl.net>, <w1ve@arrl.net>, <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "'Pete Smith N4ZR'" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FW: Need help with recording of images
From: "Paul Mackanos - K2DB" <k2db@k2db.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:36:34 -0400
Hi guys here is the scoop:
 I believe I have fixed the image problem with the K2DB skimmer, I replaced the
computer with a newer higher speed processor and 8 GB of ram added a 192K new
sound card and it has been running for a short time without spotting any images.
 I had a phone conversation with Pete N4ZR yesterday and he informed me that
there is a technical group which is trying to find the source of the problem
with Softrock receivers, Pete asked me if I could go back to the old sound card
set up and record the I/Q settings for about 15 minutes.
 I agreed to do that sometime over the weekend.  I am really busy this weekend
so I cannot say exactly when I will do it.  So here is the plan for the K2DB
skimmer:
 I will leave the skimmer on as it is right now skimming from 7.000 to 7.150 on
the new computer and new sound card.  Sometime over the weekend I will shut
down the skimmer and retrofit it back to when it was spotting images. (Even if
I have to use the old original computer). I will record the I/Q settings as
requested by Pete for approximately 15 minutes.  At the end of the 15 minute
recording I will revert back to the new setup.
 If at any time during the weekend, you notice that K2DB is spotting images,
please do not hesitate to send me a text message at: 585-314-8665 or if it is
more convenient call me at that number.  I always have a laptop computer and
Internet access available wherever I am.  I can log in to the skimmer computer
remotely and shut it down if need be. If it is spotting images during the 15
minute testing period, I will continue to let it run and shut it down after the
recording.
 I hope this is acceptable to you guys, and I ask you to please forward this
note to any others who may be contesting this week-end.
 Have a great week-end and hopefully we have it all fixed up.
Now if you guys were not so loud, this would not be a problem ? ☺
The W2RDX and K2NNY skimmers both seem to be OK, but if they also spot any
images, LET ME KNOW !! I can shut them down remotely also.
73
Paul K2DB