Re: [CQ-Contest] Stubs

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stubs
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 11:23:31 +0300

> The "Interstation Interference" book is excellent with respect to all
> things-stub.  Highly recommended for any stub-building ham.
>
> 73/jeff/ac0c
>  <http://www.ac0c.com>

This is so true.
Recommended for people who understand the meaning of 'read the manual
before applying power'.

For all the 'I want it now without any effort' -people out there, just go
and apply your best luck.
I claim there is no luck in making a stub work right.
It is no magic.

George's book demystifies it no non.engineers.

Certified Engineers or even pseudo-engineers with previous experience of
such systems can just walk to goal with
http://www.yccc.org/Articles/K3NA_stubs.pdf or
http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/k2trstub.html

For the normal people without prior experience, you need to do some reading.
That applies to everybody. Even me.
Also I had to read it before I got what is going on.

One of the first ideas is there is no null.
There is a certain amount of attenuation you can get from such system.

Then many come and claim the Q of a stub is poor and they are no good.
Well .. they do something.

To go beyond that: More is More.
It also equals more reading.

73,