[CQ-Contest] Errors arw [sic] errora [sic] (was Re: CQ WW Rules Changes)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Errors arw [sic] errora [sic] (was Re: CQ WW Rules Changes)
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 10:37:07 -0400
I find myself disagreeing with K8MR.  What am I doing wrong?

"2.? For operators of merely human abilities, callsign error rates are a
function of how good you are at watching SuperCheckPartial. Not purely a
matter of how well you copy stuff."

I guess that's right.  And I guess that I am making it harder for myself by
NOT using the technology of SCP at home.  ("Tune for maximum fun", for me,
does not include SCP.  But "de gustibus non disputandum est," and maybe
I'll change my mind when I can no longer remember call signs from previous
SS.)

"3.? I find that some of my errors are ones where I likely copied the call
OK, but typed badly. (Especially on SSB where the computer does not send
out what you type)."

Well !!  I have opined previously that typing errors (even so-called
"obvious typo's") are, in fact, errors.  If you did not get the info into
your log correctly - DURING THE 'TEST -- you have busted that part of the
QSO.  (See my "Busted" thread, on losing the SSCW Sweep for mis-typing a
call.)  For myself, I'm still learning how to copy 'phone to the keyboard.
Lot's of typing errors, but they are errors.  (See my "Busted again" thread
on losing the SS Phone Sweep for busting a Check.)

73, Art K3KU