Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rules Changes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rules Changes
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 08:30:55 -0500
This i exactly where I feel the penalty is a good thing,

Copy what is sent, and log what is sent.

Copy it wrong, and you get dinged for not being a better operator. Slow down and be sure you got it right, ask for repeats etc. Eventually your skill as an operator will improve and you will copy it correctly.

Another good reason for the penalty for busted calls is this below..

From Steef  PA3S (PA33A)

This weekend I participated the WPX with a special call sing.
And that was a big mistake.

Because the skimmers don't know the call, they spotted me with a wrong call
more times than you can believe.
So there will be a lot of stations who logged me wrong.
Also I operate assisted, and usage the RBN to work multi's.

Bud this is also proved to be impossible.
Time and time and time, the spot was nos the station calling.
When you realize that there are plenty of opp's that don't even know CW,
there must be a million busted QSO's in the logs.

That alone is a good enough reason for the penalty for busted calls,  did not
get the call right? get penalized for it.

Joe WB9SBD

Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme