Re: [CQ-Contest] [cwops] Re: Pileup Contest at Dayton

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [cwops] Re: Pileup Contest at Dayton
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:38:41 -0500
It was great to meet you at Dayton, Chuck!

I recently bought and built a Softrock Ensemble II SDR receiver kit. I
am currently using it with HDSDR software. I'm having a blast. I
recorded segments of a pileup and a contest and have been having fun
going back and tuning around in the recorded files and listening to
all the stations.

I can see how this could be done relatively inexpensively for a CW
pileup contest. If it used computer software instead of a tuning dial,
though, it would take some prior knowledge of the software for the
person using it in order to do well in the contest.

73, Zack W9SZ