Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL FD Rule 4 Opinion?...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL FD Rule 4 Opinion?...
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:56:10 -0600
Wouldn't have been easier just to say that if you transmit signals with 4 rigs you are 4 (X) if you transmit with 2 rigs then you are 2(x).

In Gerry's situation if he wanted to show off the ability to listen with another radio while sharing the same antenna and that radio never transmits then I don't see this as a problem.

The last time I checked this is FD right? An exercise to test our ability to setup remotely and make a bunch of contacts. In a real emergency technologies such as this device might be very helpful. Why would we want to discourage, ingenuity and advances in technology.

Most of us have fun just getting on. Posting winning scores is not what this event should be about.

Mike W0MU