Re: [CQ-Contest] Cost of Radios Then and Now

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cost of Radios Then and Now
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 08:47:24 -0400
And the comparison is even less valid when you consider improvements in performance, quality, durability, etc. This applies to virtually all technological goods, not just electronics. My first hard drive was 10 MB and cost $250, and had an MTBF on the order of 1000 hours.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.